Every vote counts in Barclays US Consumer Bank’s “Small Business Big Wins” contest. This year, over 14,000 small businesses shared accounts and challenges of building a business and making their dreams a reality. Now, 10 finalists have been selected for you to vote on!
You are Invited to Cast Your Vote
From April 1 through April 10, visit BarclaysSmallBizBigWins.com to review the stories of the top 10 finalists and vote for your favorite small business you think should win the grand prize of $60,000.
The top 10 businesses are from a variety of industries spanning healthcare, manufacturing, food services, retail and more and include:
- Good Karma Bikes, a non-profit bike shop based in Midtown, San Jose, CA
- Beautiful Curley Me, a company producing natural hair dolls, empowering books, puzzles and hair care products for young girls based in Atlanta, GA
- Happy Day Dessert Factory, premium homemade hard ice cream and dessert treats based in Pittsburgh, PA
- KnoNap, the company making the fast and discreet consumer test that identifies drugs commonly used for drink spiking based in Arlington, VA
- Sunhee’s Farm and Kitchen, a family-owned Korean quick service restaurant serving Troy, NY and the Albany area
- Dixon Cooperative Market, a community-based food store based in Dixon, NM
- Wowzitude, a live-stream, interactive virtual walking tour subscription service that connects older adults with local live guides around the world based in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
- Mickey’s Popcorn, a family-owned and operated gourmet small-batch popcorn company based in Memphis, TN
- Rose Sisters Chips, a handmade gourmet seasoned flour tortilla chips company started in Brooklyn, NY
- Buttermilk Boutique, LLC, a boutique pastry company located in Clayton, NC
About Small Business, Big Wins
Now in its third year, Small Business Big Wins was created during the pandemic to provide a much-needed boost to small businesses with compelling stories of resilience. This year, winners will share $255,000 in prize money to be distributed among selected small business owners, with one small business taking home a grand prize of $60,000.
The total prize breakdown for the contest includes:
- One Grand Prize of $60,000
- One 2nd Place Prize of $40,000
- One 3rd Place Prize of $20,000
- Seven Runner-Up Prizes of $5,000 each
Additionally, all businesses that submitted qualifying entries were entered in a random drawing to win one of fifty $2,000 sweepstakes prizes.
The announcement of contest winners will take place the week of May 2 to coincide with National Small Business Week.
2022 Contest Winners & Results
Last year, more than 4,750 small business owners answered the call to submit their stories. Barclays awarded Ashland Birth Center the $60,000 grand prize. The Ashland, Wisconsin-based business offers parental guidance and support along with a wide range of midwife services throughout the pregnancy, newborn and postpartum stages of childbirth.
In addition, Barclays awarded $40,000 to Nordic-Knot of Reston, Virginia, for second place; $20,000 to Superfit Hero of Riverside, California, for third place; and $5,000 to each of the remaining top 10 finalists. Barclays also awarded 50 participants $2,000 each through a random drawing, totaling $255,000 in support of 60 small businesses across the country.To see how winners of previous contests have benefitted from their winnings, visit BarclaysSmallBizBigWins.com.
About Barclays US Consumer Bank
Barclays US Consumer Bank is a leading co-branded credit card issuer and financial services partner in the United States that creates highly customized programs to drive customer loyalty and engagement for some of the country’s most successful travel, entertainment, retail and affinity institutions. The bank offers co-branded, small business and private label credit cards, installment loans, online savings accounts, and CDs. For more information, please visit www.BarclaysUS.com.
Today, many businesses utilize Barclays’ credit cards and benefit from the reward dollars spent on business needs. For more information on Barclays’ business card offerings, visit BarclaysUS.com/Business.